PHOENIX — Police have identified the four members of a Phoenix family who are dead in the wake of a tragic domestic violence incident at a Phoenix home.
Phoenix police Sgt. Trent Crump said the gunman was Michael Sanders, 53.
Sanders killed his wife, Carol, their 14-year-old daughter, Audra, and his wife’s brother, Tom Fitzpatrick, before killing himself, according to police.
Carol’s body was found burning in the backyard. Fitzpatrick’s body was found in the driveway and the Audra’s body was in the house. The suspect was later found dead in an alley about a block and a half away from the home.
Police were called to the scene about 4 p.m. Tuesday after getting reports of shots fired in the residential neighborhood near Tatum and Thunderbird Road.
Read more about this story
- Cops: 4 dead, including suspect, in Phoenix shooting (foxnews.com)
- Four Dead in Grisly Phoenix, Arizona Shooting (nation.time.com)
- Police: Man kills 3, then himself in NE Phoenix (sfgate.com)
- Four Dead in Grisly Phoenix Shooting (nation.time.com)
- 2 people fatally shot in NE Phoenix neighborhood (azdailysun.com)
- 2 people fatally shot in NE Phoenix neighborhood (azfamily.com)
- 2 people fatally shot in NE Phoenix neighborhood – San Francisco Chronicle (sfgate.com)